I'm trying to clean up a friend's laptop, and I've been having some problems. To date, I've:
1. DDS - Downloaded the application, copied to laptop, program gets shut down when running. Attempted to rename, no effect.
2. RootRepeal - Downloaded the application, copied to laptop, program gets shut down when running. Attempted to rename, no effect.
3. MBAM - Downloaded and installed application. Started app, attempted to scan, gets shut down.
4. Combofix - Downloaded and attempted to run, gets shut down.
5. Microsoft, Trendmicro, and Kapersky online scans - Websites get shut down once scan begins.
This laptop is a Dell D620 with XP Professional SP3.
In addition, the tools I copy over are modified after I run them in such a way that I cannot delete the tool after it shuts me down.
I'd love to generate all the required logs for you, but this thing prevents me from every angle I take. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
UPDATE: I am now able to access safe-mode if there is anything you need me to perform from that state. Thanks!
Edited by JTinAtlanta, 12 October 2009 - 10:45 AM.