Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I force Printer to do Black Only?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

I have an HP C7280 All-in-one printer. Normally when printing Black only such as Documents it mixes in small amounts of the color cartridges. Over time these small amounts add up and before I know it, I've run through an entire Yellow or Magenta in addition to the Black even if all I am printing is regular text documents. What I have noticed is that when one of the colors is low the printer gives me an option for Black Only, and of course some warning telling me how terrible my documents will look.

What I would like to do is find a way to make the printer print Black Only whenever I want it to, I'm tired of running through colored ink printing essays. Besides keeping a low cartridge around and inserting it before printing documents and then removing it for photos, is there a way to do this?

Also note that the C7280 AIO Printer is one of the HP Printers that has different cartridges for every color and a black, so thats something like 6 cartridges for the thing. It's not a regular Black Cartridge and Color Cartridge. Also getting a laserjet is not an option, I'm a student and not a business.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

Off the top of my head, check your printer options for greyscale settings
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users