Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO Power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 satman3175

satman3175

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hello I have and hp pavilion1310 i believe. When I got this morning the computer tower was off and will not power back up. Was looking for any help on where to start.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

check switch at back of power supply and make sure it is turned on and power supply is plugged in. have to cover that ground first.

test power supply. turn off power supply at back switch or unplug. open the case. unplug connector from motherboard (24pin) . jumper green wire and second black wire (to left of green). i use a paper clip. make sure clip is not touching the case. turn on power supply with switch at back or plug in. if fan turns the power supply is working. if not power supply is toast.

Edited by caperdog, 11 October 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#3 satman3175

satman3175
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

I checked the power supply by jumping the green and black out the fan ran. What would be next?
quick note there is a green flashing light in the back(flashing Fast)

Edited by satman3175, 11 October 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

download manual for your machine to see what green flashing light is. is this light on the mother board? try removing ram and try them one at a time to see if it will post(power on self test) if you have no luck with that the problem is either the motherboard or the processor. the only way i know to figure out which is to interchange the parts with a known working one. you have to strip everything down to the motherboard, processor, ram, video card and keyboard. it is best to take it out of the case to eliminate any grounding issue with the motherboard touching the case where it is not suppose to. this is a bench test and i would try it before purchasing anything. others would search for an upgrade package to replace motherboard, processor, and ram.

Edited by caperdog, 12 October 2009 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users