Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 go69

go69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

I ran Combofix application on Windows XP Pro installation. It found several infections & removed them. I'd like to request help with the log analysis. ESET NOD32 Antivirus icon on the taskbar is showing as if it's disabled although the application is enabled. PC tools Spyware Doctor gave it a clean bill of health.

Thanks in advance,

/go69/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums and then only when requested by a HJT Team member. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Please create a new topic explaining the nature of your problem in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.

If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.

Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.