Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tysonbrae

tysonbrae

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Every time i try to install windows XP Pro x64, It keeps on shutting down by itself at different times. There is no BSOD that shows up, it just keeps on shutting down whenever it feels like. The specs for my computer are displayed in my sig if you need to know the specs
Asus P5P800, Pentium 4 @ 3.5GHz, 2GB DDR 400, 2x40GB SATA HDD, HP Pavilion mx70, Auriga 250w PSU, Nvidia MX400 64mb, Windows XP Pro.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

You computer might be overheating. Try cleaning out the case:

Cleaning the Interior of your PC
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tysonbrae

tysonbrae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

This time it came up with some sort of error...

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference maunlas for additional infomation."
Asus P5P800, Pentium 4 @ 3.5GHz, 2GB DDR 400, 2x40GB SATA HDD, HP Pavilion mx70, Auriga 250w PSU, Nvidia MX400 64mb, Windows XP Pro.

#4 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

Sounds like it might be a HD issue, First I would run a windows Ck disk right click on my computer, then right click on c drive. Then select tools and check disk. Check the two boxes to scan and fix..
Also you can download a cd from the company that made your hard drive. It may be a boot disk, with some nice tools. I have the WD cd, it runs tests on the HD and can format or write zeros.
Anyway check the hard drive out by tests.
If the tests pass and youre having issues, you may try (be sure you have a cd for the operating system) sfc /scannow. Google that and read about it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users