Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need New Video Card, please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brasslgobos

brasslgobos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

My girlfriends laptop video card is pretty much gone. She describes the screen as having greenish tint/matrix style junk. She went to her sister's house and hooked it up to a monitor and it still looked the same, so it's not the LCD.

She has a Dell Insipiron 8500, she's upgraded the memory to 2gb. The laptop is about 7 years old, so we're having trouble locating a similar video card. I'm not familiar with graphics so I have no idea what she needs. It doesn't need to be fancy but she would like for it to be reliable.

The old video card was a ATI 32mb DDR 4X AGP/ mobility Radeon 9000.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-90...=item3355abb3de

I have no guarantee it's exactly what you need.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users