Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Hijackthis Scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Koxz

Koxz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

I have just scanned my computer with Trend Micro Hijackthis because my computer starting to be slow.

After the scanning i got a log, should i just check them all and press fix?

Edited by The weatherman, 11 October 2009 - 10:52 AM.
Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hello Koxz,

Please don't do anything with Hijackthis just yet, someone will be along to help you shortly. :thumbsup:

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hello Koxz and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer

After the scanning i got a log, should i just check them all and press fix?

NO!!!!! :flowers:

Most, if not all, entries in a HijackThis log are legit. It takes a trained eye to be able to spot the bad entries. Fixing everything returned in a HijackThis Log is a good way to cause some serious problems with your computer. That being said, please do not post your HijackThis log for analysis just yet. There are several things that we need to try in order to solve your problem. Only when the other avenues have been exhausted will we need to resort to programs like HijackThis.

If your only symptom is slowness, the first thing you should do is read This Topic and follow the steps listed. If you find that you are still having difficulties afterward, let me know and we'll take a different route.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users