Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen error message

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kybandit

kybandit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

let me start off by saying that Im using a gateway GX 7010j...I was using windows xp media center that came with computer...for a future backup. I installed windows xp professional on another partition(drive D recovery) just for a windows crash...a couple days ago the power flickered...when I tried to reboot system, it would loop back to the boot screen wher3 I have to choose which os to boot. I went into advanced tools and selected to turn off auto reboot and received blue screen error...

***STOP:0x0000007c,0xB907d40,oxBA4E3528,0xBA4E3224

**IASTOR.sys-Address B9F07D40 base at B935000,DateStamp 434d5ede

What have I lost or what am I missing or what have I got?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms795650.aspx

Well...that particular error indicates a problem with a network driver, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Drive...e_Specification

IASTOR.sys: The process Intel Application Accelerator driver or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - ia or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x belongs to the software Intel RAID Controller or Intel Integrated RAID or Intel AHCI Controller or Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver or iaStor by Intel Corporation (www.intel.com).

My guess would be that you should not have installed anything on the recovery partition, since that partitition was designed to contain files needed by the system.

Can you actually boot into either/both installs?

Louis

#3 kybandit

kybandit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Ive been using computer for 3 yrs this way...After I start system, it goes to a selection screen, where I have to choose which windows to use...when I choose the xp media, it goes to blue screen with that eror message...the other xp boots as it should, Im on the computer right now.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

Then...I would have to say that you have 1 XP install only...if you haven't been able to boot into for 3 years.

You can find out by Removing the invalid entries from Boot.ini - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/bootopt.htm.

Louis

#5 kybandit

kybandit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

always could boot into either...never had a problem until power flickered yesterday...i have the defective windows in the c partition and this working xp in the d partition...as soon as I re powered system, could no longer boot into c partition windows, only d partitions windows boot snow.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Then I would suggest a repair install of the XP that you cannot boot into.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users