Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with network adapters and Internet connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KevinS.W.

KevinS.W.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hello,
Using eMachines T5246 desktop with Vista home premium, 2gigs of RAM, 1.8 GHz processor.

When using hijack this last night, I believe I did some damage to my Nvidia nforce card.

Last night my MSFT 6to4 adapter had problems, which seemed to have been resolved with answers I found on this forum. In device manager I disabled and uninstalled the 6to4 adapter and after a bit the changes seem to have resolved the hardware issue and device manager reports all devices are working properly in the network adapters section. However...when I try to connect (hard wired connection on that machine) to the Internet, network diagnostics tells me there's a problem with my nvidia card. My IP config results are below, which clearly indicate a problem.

I am right now running chkdsk on that machine in the hopes that will resolve the issue. Earlier today I ran HostsXpert because I thought I deleted the localhost file with hijack this, but that didn't resolve the issue. I'm also getting an error msg when I try the nbtstat -R I get 'netBT is not bound to any devices'

Any ideas?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Kevin-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

I would uninstall the current NIC drivers...reinstall them or update them (your choice)...and then set up my connection to the Internet, using the XP Network Connection Wizard.

If you are using a router, your connection is via a residential gateway.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users