Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connecting to the internet on Puppy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k-Kariya

k-Kariya

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:29 AM

Ok. So the other day I managed to run Linux Puppy off of my flash earlier and everything was fine. I managed to configure my internet connection so i had no problems. But when I decided to use Puppy again later on, it didn't load back into the internet. When i go to the (don't know if i'm saying this right) connection wizard, but it doesn't detect my modem. Has this ever happened to someone or does someone know where I can find some help on this. I can't seem to find any.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 k-Kariya

k-Kariya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:35 AM

I thought it might help if i put this extra info. When I used the live cd it lets me get online. Even when I go to the connection wizard it detects my modem and everything. So why is it that it'll let me use the internet using the live cd but not from the usb?

#3 bisquit maker

bisquit maker

• Banned
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

First thing is that puppy isn't exactly the best choice for minimalist distros. Slax and DSL are better.
Second, look at the connection settings on the live CD. Are you using DHCP? If so, run dhclient as root.
DSL/ADSL needs to follow whatever directions are available- I don't use these to connect.
What modem do you have? A winmodem? You'll need the infamous ndiswrapper if you do.

You could also go to the puppy linux forums instead of here and get the actual help you need.
There is also the linuxquestions forums to use.
If it's a linux problem, consult a linux site first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users