Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel W

Daniel W

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

I've been living with this problem for a while now. Whenever my computer starts up (whether it's a reboot or just a normal boot), I receive a blue screen with just this text:

STOP c0000139 {entry point not found}
The procedure entry point ntoskrnl.ExiAcquireFastMutex could not be located in the dynamic link library HAL.dll

This is the only text on the screen and it does not seem to be creating a crash dump. The problem started at least a month ago, and I don't have a restore point from when it happened so I can't do a system restore. I also don't think it is malware because it only started after I turned off the computer in the middle of an update.

Once I recieve this message I just reboot and it boots up fine. I've run scans with both avast home edition and spybot, and the problem still persists. I have a lenovo thinkpad x61 tablet running vista business sp2. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Daniel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SheaMolt

SheaMolt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Sounds more of a software issue. Formatting your computer would be your best bet. Also, virus scan in safe mode.

#3 musiclover00

musiclover00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

I got same problem but i cannot get into safe mode and keeps showing black screen. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users