Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

still having antivirus 2010 problems....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ovie1997

ovie1997

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Im just sitting back chillin to see if anyone ever reads my logs or any of my posts. like i said i finally got rid of most of the pop ups but still cant scan or update and definitions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Hello ovie1997
you have stated you can't update or scan
can you please tell what antivirus /antimalware/firewall you are running?
if you have a recent log can you post it for an evaluation.

Thank You

D_N_M

#3 ovie1997

ovie1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

i am using avg, i had just had my hd wiped clean a few weeks before i got this i posted some log in one of my last posts, i cannot run malware malbytes, smitfx, hjt, or any other malware scanner, they load then go away. i can no longer update or run antivirus or any other scanns either.... this fing thing is pissing me off lol.... btw on wifes laptop so i try to work and surf fixes at same time

#4 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hello ovie1997

Some types of malware will disable MBAM (MalwareBytes) and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.

Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first
Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

Open up command prompt, type in following commands:
XP >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and select "Run". Type cmd into the Run box and click "OK".
Vista >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and Type cmd in the search box.

regsvr32 mbamext.dll
regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll
regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx
regsvr32 zlib.dll

Try using a System Retore Point prior to the date of infection. You may be able to update and run MBam. Note this did not remove the malware.
Windows XP System Restore Guide

[credits to boopme]

D_N_M

#5 ovie1997

ovie1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

tried that and it still didnt work...any other ideas??

#6 ovie1997

ovie1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

i still cant get malbytes to work, uninstalled, renamed, reinstalled, the thing just wont scan. It loads scans for two seconds thing shuts its self off....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users