Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicken unable to access file on second HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Godlover

Godlover

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

One of my Quicken accounts got messed up somehow. I opened the account and the last entry is in 2007.
Last week, I got the file up to date and made a back up on a pendrive. When I try to use it now, it gives me the same as the file originally accessed above.
I made the back up on the pen drive because when I point quicken to backup to my second HD I get the message that it is unable to access the disk on drive F.
I had problems with my old computer not long ago and had to get a new one. I am using the HD that was my master on the old computer for backup. I believe that I had restored the file originally from another disk that had been my BU disk.
But I am unable to open the file on the HD that I am now using as backup (message "cannot open file") and also cannot use it to make backup copies since it gives me the message "unable to access disk in drive F make sure that the drive is ready and that it is not write protected."
I am still using Quicken Deluxe 2004 and until now, have not had any problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Might have something to do with it:
Take ownership of file or folder:
Vista - http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-ta...rship-file.html
XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users