Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skewed display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trever73

Trever73

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

OK gang, here is the deal.

Last week I left my IBM T42 charging overnight with a stack of papers on the keyboard. As you all probably know, and I found out, the LCD display was ruined as a result. I jumped on eBay and found a replacement screen to fit the 15" display. After installing the "new" screen and turning the unit on, I am left with an odd display of what appear to be 3 different screen segments. I have no taskbar within the viewable area and all text and images are heavily vertically skewed. I have tried everything I can withing the display properties dialog box, but to no avail. Any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

Go here ( http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/homeLenovo.do ) and type in your machine type from the bottom of the T42. You should be able to access the Maintenace and service guide for your model. Many of the IBM laptops can have several different displays and there is usually a switch to tell the system which display is connected. What happened is you bought a different display and need to set the T42 to recognize it properly.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users