Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administrator Rights Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1bsymum

1bsymum

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Someone please help. My PC is password protected, I'm the administrator. I went into Control Panel several different times to make sure the box is checked. When ever something is downloaded a screen will ask for permission, HOWEVER; never asks to re-enter password, only Continue or Cancel. So when you hit Continue, I still cannot do anything with Administrator Rights. Today, I just tried to run the free virus scanner with bitdefender, upon downloading, it says its cancelled due to NOT not having Administrator rights??? I don't know what the problem is?
Is there some other place where something else should be checked?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chanteress

Chanteress

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

Is it the online scanner by BitDefender? :huh:

#3 andyparker01

andyparker01

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

remove all password and admin login name then keep clean all the setting. Put normal use computer setting.

#4 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

Link to an MS KB on the Hidden Admin in Vista - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942956
I you feel comfortable try to activate the hidden Vista Admin account.
NOTE WELL - if you password protect it and lose the password, you will end up most likely re-installing Vista and definitely losing data.

To activate the Vista hidden admin account -

START
type cmd.exe into the Start search box
right-click on cmd.exe above under programs - select Run as Administrator.
Then type
Code:

net user administrator /active:yes
Logoff your account and the user account named Administrator will be waiting for you at the logon screen. Double click on it.

To put it back in hiding when finished, change the active:yes to active:no. Do not under any circumstance demote or delete your existing admin account.

#5 inenigma

inenigma

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

To activate the Vista hidden admin account -

START
type cmd.exe into the Start search box
right-click on cmd.exe above under programs - select Run as Administrator.
Then type
Code:

net user administrator /active:yes
Logoff your account and the user account named Administrator will be waiting for you at the logon screen. Double click on it.

To put it back in hiding when finished, change the active:yes to active:no. Do not under any circumstance demote or delete your existing admin account.

Hi,

I'm trying to run fport.exe from the command prompt, but, it keeps on telling me that I need Administrator privilege ?? What am I doing wrong ???

Posted Image

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Are you running as true admin or as an account with admin rights?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users