Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS settings for MSI 7176 MoBo and PNY 9800 gt?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robert8479

Robert8479

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

I have a problem with my MSI 7176 945p series MoBo and a PNY 512 mb 9800 gt. The card will only work if i remove the onboard battery from the MoBo. Once this is done I'm able to boot computer and get into windows (Vista 64) and,
1st - Reset the clock to allow windows updates.
2nd - Updated video card drivers.
3rd - Run the windows experience. (4.9 rating now) I'm happy but it's not working correctly.
The graphics card is an XLR8 series and does not require the 6 pin power.

Tech Specs:
BIOS version: 945 Platinum/Neo W7176IMS V
CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz (200x15.0)
CPU L2 Cache: 2049K
Windows: Vista 64 Home Premium
Power Supply: Rosewill 550 watt
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 940bw
Graphics Card: Pny XLR8 9800 gt 512 mb 256-bit GDDR3

I'm able to get video after steps described above. But if i put MoBo battery back in after startup I cant' successfully restart with video. Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users