Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows disabled my cd drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Onlythebrave

Onlythebrave

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi
Windows XP Home

On start up I get the message "CD recording software drivers have been disabled as it might cause Windows to become unstable. Window has prevented the drivers from loading" for more details I click this notice and I am taken to a Microsoft page that says I should update my drivers for either Easy Media Creator, Realtek or Windows media player to fix the problem.

Some months ago I found an old cd with Easy media creator on it an thought I would add it to my computer. I did this, but the programme did not work, and as I currently have Sonic RecordNow deluxe, realised I was adding software that I did not need. I therefore went to add and remove in Control panel and removed Easy Media Creator. I think it was then that I started to receive the notice that window was disabling my drivers.

I have only really come to realize this when I try to burn a cd from Itunes. I am still able to copy a cd while using RecordNow. Looked at my removable drive E that it is affecting, and that told me my drive was dismountable (don't understand if that means good or bad)
I feel this is a problem I might have brought on myself, but dont know how to fix it

would appreciated any help with this - Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315345

The suggested solution calls for editing the registry.

While editing the registry gives you access to a wealth of options that may not be offered to you through the user interface, it also gives you the means to completely mess up your system in the time it takes to reboot. As a precautionary measure, since things go wrong every day...any user considering editing the registry...should first back up the registry for possible future use.

A manual backup creates a file of your registry information, which can be stored until needed, and restored to roll your registry back to a stable state in case of disaster. This also gives you the added security of being able to store the backup on removable media such as a floppy or CD to be kept until needed.

An excellent program for doing such is ERUNT Registry Backup Tool - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users