Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GAME SHORTCUT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kgirl

kgirl

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:32 AM

I looked for the correct place to put this post and figured it was here. If it's not the right place please let me know.

You know the games that come already installed on your computer, like Spider Solitaire, Free Cell, Classic Soli :thumbsup: taire, etc.; well, yesterday I clicked on Start - Programs - I meant to go to Accessories because I needed to test System Restore, and my fingers slipped, and I accidentally clicked Games, and somehow I took Free Cell out of the games list. Now the shortcut is on the desktop and I don't know how to get it back in. I suppose if I sat and thought about it I could figure it out, but, no, I have sat and thuoght, and can't figure it out. Could someone help me with this? I figure it is something simple, but so simple my tired brain can't get it. Thanks for any advice. :flowers:
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

this is really simple...

if you are using XP:
1. go into windows explorer (or My computer) and locate your desktop
2. "cut" the shortcut of freecell and locate "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Games"
3. "paste the shortcut into that folder and youre done!!

if you are using 98se or similar:
1. go into windows explorer (or My computer) and locate your desktop
2. "cut" the shortcut of freecell and locate "C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"
3. "paste" the shortcut into that folder and youre done!!

P.S.: i havent used Win98 in 3 years... if that information is correct about how to do it, WOW!!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 kgirl

kgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

:thumbsup: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use WindowsME
Thanks

#4 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:52 AM

Just for future refrence, you can also drag and drop shortcuts directly into the start meny and any of the folders it contains.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#5 kgirl

kgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:43 PM

I knew there had to be a way of getting it back into the start menu, and I've done that before, but I couldn't remember how to get it back into the games, because I think I was doing it wrong. I was trying to have the games part on the screen and then drap and drop, but it wouldn't stay on the screen long enough. And then I worried that if I just dragged and dropped it into the start menu that it wouldn't go where I wanted it to. So thank you, too.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users