Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access any Windows Explorer Folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Infinity80

Infinity80

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

Hi

I have been having so many problems with my pc lately that it's hard to know where to start first. I guess it would be easier to list them all below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I click on My computer, it gets diverted to the computer management program.

When I click on my documents folder, it gets diverted to my vlc player.

When I click on my music folder, it gets diverted to my vlc player.

When I click on my pictures folder, it gets diverted to my vlc player.

When I click on my control Panel, it comes up with message (21EC2020-3AEA-A2DD-08002B30309D) This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

When I right click on start/explorer all users, it comes up with message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel".

When i click on my user name, in the start menu, nothing happens.

When I try to open my recycle bin, it gets diverted to a program called "Advanced SystemCare".

When I click on my network folder, nothing happens

When I click on my games folder, nothing happens

When I click on my default programs, it comes up with message "(21EC2020-3AEA-A2DD-08002B30309D)\::{17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e09...)

When I click on windows update, it comes up with message {21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{36EEF7D8-88AD-4E81-AD49-OE313FO3..) This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't be sure what the cause of the problem might be but it might have something to do with my registry. Before the problems started, when I right clicked on my recycle bin, I noticed an extra line came up, that said "CMD SHELL :>". A website recommended that i delete folder "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell". The website address is "http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:kn9X65snSssJ:www.vistaheads.com/forums/windows-vista-home-premium/279691-cmd-shell-recycle-bin-context-menu.html+cmd+shell:%3E+in+recycle+bin&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a"

I tried system restore, but it came up with the message "unable to initiate changes or something like that". Later on I tried to restore in safe mode, but the restore point was for today and it didn't make any difference . Even when i was in safe mode, it still came up with the same problems.

Thank you.

Edited by Infinity80, 10 October 2009 - 08:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tman 1

tman 1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:24 AM

uac right click and run as admin heres some help trobleshooting the issue http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...28WS.10%29.aspx and also run antiviris and antimalware software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users