Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 someguy1

someguy1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

Hello guys. I am pretty impressed that sites like this exist. I got hit by a pretty bad piece of malware and was hoping somebody here would be able to help. I have heard good things. If you can help me I would be more than happy to do anything I can to support this site.
I assume there are some instructions I should read first about how to post without being a jackass. :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:19 AM

If you think you are infected, then post in the AM I INFECTED? Forum, giving as much information as you can, especially any error messages or popup warnings that you are getting, or anything "strange" or "different" that is happening.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 someguy1

someguy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am not posting from the infected computer. I am certain that my system has been infected by "Windows Police Pro," and can not even get to the desktop at this point. Is the "AM I INFECTED?" Forum still the correct place to post?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Yes it is. Many times, some of the more common malware can be quickly gotten rid of, either by using particular Anti-spyware software application, or by following the instructions in a Self-help Guide. If yours is one of these, then you will be given instructions and links. If, however, the problem is more complex, or needs individual guidance to remove, you will be given instructions for posting some different logs that will help identify the precise problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users