Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP vs Visioneer scanner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wemblymyers

wemblymyers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

I am a total newbie to XP, I thought we were going to be SO happy together, but my Visioneer 7600 scanner just will not work under XP. I downloaded a driver that was supposed to fix the problem, but cant use it until I uninstall all Visioneer software, which the system won't let me do. My scanner worked great under ME, but Visioneer says it won't work it can't be made to work under XP, no excuse other than it is classified "end of life"! I bought and paid for it, took good care of it, and only drove it gently on Sundays. Where do they get off?? Would appreciate any advice, or even just words of hope and encouragement!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

Hi ok used to have a the same scanner as you, so this is what you do.
Take all traces off of scanner, do a search naming it,delete any that comes up, do not inatall scanner untill told to by wizard.
Install software from cd, drivers, etc.
LET computer shut down and restart.
WHEN IT RESTARTS IT WILL TELL YOU NOW CONNECT SCANNER. LET IT FINISH YOU SHOULD NOW FIND THAT IT WORKS.
that is how mine went.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:52 AM

Looks like Visioneer has not written a driver for Win XP. They consider your scanner to be at "End of life".

"If your product is considered Out of Warranty, there is no Authorized Service Center or Service Dealers for Visioneer scanners. We offer an industry leading upgrade program, giving a 25% discount from our online scanner store for customers that return their old unit to ensure proper disposal as part of our environmental recycling program. For details visit Visioneer's Promotions and Rebates.".
https://visupport.visioneer.com/Portal/view...20-223d4053d3c5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users