Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was Windows XP Media Center has become XP Prof.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 9gan9esh9

9gan9esh9

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hello

Anyone out there need help, desparately,please.

When I bought this computer in 2004 from Dell I paid $3000.00. That time the PC came preinsatlled with Win. XP Media Center Edition 2005. This may sound very strange and weird, but it has happened, do not know how it happen. Last week of Sept/09, something flash across the screen, and I accidentally clicked it, it had Microsoft Logo on it.

I am new to this thing, if I understand correctly, the spec of my computer are.

1 Dimensions XPS Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor 550(3.4GHz, 800FSB) W/HT Technology and 1 MB Cache, Service Pack 3

2 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 Graphics card

3 250 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

4 5in Floppy Drive

5 16X DVD-ROM and 16 X DVD +/- RW.

6 Microsoft Win. XP Media Center Edition 2005

P.S. This may sound strange I just checked my System Info and it says I have : Wind. XP Professional as my Ope. Syst. and I know I did not install this, only thing I remember something flash across the screen, and I clicked it and it said Microsoft. Believe it or not i am really do not know how did this happen.

When I look at System Properties under the General Tab:Microsoft Wind. XP Med. Cent. Version 2002 with Ser. Pack 3

Please bear with me I am new to this, on my friends advice I did not renew my Dell warranty($250.00 a year. I am not blaming my friend) he said by adding additional $200.00 I can get a new PC(with more Memory and More Hard Drive). I do apologize for my long email.

Thank in anticipation for who ever wants to help me with this,I do not have a Win. XP Professional CD to reinstall everything, if something does go wrong, I would appreciate your help in this matter.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users