Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing. =(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bmunchy

bmunchy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

My computer randomly freezes. Here's the unique part. When it does it freezes in a weird way it turns the computer into a weird pattern of colors. It's hard to describe but it usually happens when I try to run apps on my comp. Everything will start up fine but five mins into browing the web, everything stops responding my music freezes for about 30 seconds until it changesthe whole screen . I've tries reformatting, to xp and vista (I prefer vista) butbovertime it just get more frequent. I tried to clean out the fan but no dust comes out. I need some answers please. I've been having the problem forever. My comp isn't overclocked or anything. I also notice if i hold my fan off the side of my computer it works fine. It has NO dust in it and is spining fine. and is blowing cold to warm air. Idk whats wrong but i just updated my video driver. This is.... ANNOYING

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Double-check the areas that are hard to see
Underneath the heatsink fan, the fins could be packed with lint and dust
The same goes for the fan on the video card if you have one

Edited by garmanma, 09 October 2009 - 08:41 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bmunchy

bmunchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

Double-check the areas that are hard to see
Underneath the heatsink fan, the fins could be packed with lint and dust
The same goes for the fan on the video card if you have one

would it be safe to somehow take the piece that covers my fan off and clean it out aswell?

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

We have an excellent tutorial that may help: Cleaning the Interior of your PC

#5 tman 1

tman 1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:07 AM

try cleanuping the insiude of your computer check ur temps check your ram timings and get the lastest bios update and drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users