Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BitDefender

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peetee15

peetee15

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Would anyone recommend bit defender? How well does it work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

When it comes to cleaning up an infected system, Bit Defender is good. Even tho there is little difference in the abilities of reputable antiviruses, I would still rate it in the top three to five, based on what I've seen the online scanner do (I've never installed it myself).

As far as recommending it, that depends on which BitDefender you are thinking of installing. The free version does not include an On Access scanner/Guard mechanism. So it will clean an infected system but not protect it from getting infected in the first place. It makes no sense to me to install an antivirus that doesn't provide protection, so I don't recommend it. If all you want to do is clean, then use its online version. Plus there are other free antivirus programs out there, such as AntiVir, that will protect and cleans as well or better than BitDefender.

The commercial version that does offer On Access scanner should be OK. They offer a 30 day trial, so I would suggest you try it out (be sure to uninstall your old antivirus first) to see if you like the set of features and its usability. Also check out what kind of support you will get--free versions don't offer any.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users