Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to figure if I'm infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oxymoron

Oxymoron

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

I really don't know what's going on, this is the weirdest thing ever.

Basically, my PC was fine ALL day up until about 45 minutes ago. Basically, my friend came over and we went to go on Youtube. We clicked a video, and my PC started to lag REALLY bad, and there was no sound. So I ran CCleaner and cleared the Temp folder, cookies, etc.. Restarted. I went back, and it was the same thing..

So basically, if I see ANY video ONLINE, my PC lags like crazy.

Also.. My sound has completely stopped working, but it says the device is enabled and working, and the sound is 100%.. And speakers volume is maxed, too.

Also.. I noticed in my iPod Music folder, if I double click a track.. And WMP opens, it says "WMP has encountered a problem while trying to play the file".

However... I loaded up Batman Arkham Asylum and my FPS was like it always was, but still.. No sound.

I ran a MBAM quick scan just to be sure.. And it didn't find anything. I really don't have time for a Full Scan right now, but I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to get a Virus or anything to happen in a time span of me leaving my PC, and going downstairs for 15 minutes.

Please help.

--The only thing thing that I can think of, that has to do with me screwing something up was.. Before I went downstairs, I cleaned my registry with CCleaner.. I made a backup though, like always.

Edit-- So I shutdown, waited a few minutes and booted back up.. When it booted to the Desktop, I heard the Windows Sound.. Which was a relief. I played a song, too.. And there was Volume. So we were excited we fixed it, and went to Youtube.

We watched a video and it loaded and played perfectly fine without lag..

Then...

I went to

www.Knowyourmeme.com

The site where the problem originally started. And I played a YT video from there, and it started right back up again.. No sound, and videos lag.

I cannot figure this out, worth bleep.

Edited by Oxymoron, 09 October 2009 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oxymoron

Oxymoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

C'mon guys, please help.

This is a pretty annoying problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic