Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about my Symantec AV Corporate Edition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcclune

mcclune

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Greetings,

When I start up my computer my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition's logo in the lower right hand corner always has a red circle with a line through it for a short while. Eventually it disappears but I'm wondering if there's a sneaky no-good program (trojan, virus, etc.) that's disabling it before everything seems normal. Unfortunately I can't remember if it did this before I was first infected.

Secondly, when I hit LiveUpdate button to update the "Avenge 1.5 Microdefs2 Corp," the next page shows red Xs next to 'Symantec Antivirus Corporate Client NT' and 'AV Engine 5.0 Definitions' yet a green checkmarks next to the 'Avenge 1.5 Microdefs2 Corp' and 'Live Update.'

The accompanying text for the red Xs reads: LiveUpdate could not determine if there is an update for this product because the update list for this product is corrupted.

The text for the green checkmarks reads: LiveUpdate successfully downloaded and installed 1 update(s) for this product. All available updates were selected.

Is the red circle and corruption problem related? I've uninstalled and re-installed the program as well as tried to update the product from Symantec's website but neither works. Again, I'm afraid a malicious program has disabled the product from running properly.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kc606

kc606

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:30 AM

I was infected by the Infostealer.Banker.C virus like you, and after reading your post with boopme, I was able to eliminate the culprit. I am using Noron System Works Premier. Now I, too, have the same problem that when the computer reboots, the Norton Virus Protection logo in the system tray comes up with a red line through it showing that it is not enabled. After several minutes, the red line disappears. Did you ever resolve your problem? Thanks.

#3 mcclune

mcclune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Nope. I never did resolve it. Never heard back from anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users