Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services.Exe casuing Huge CPU & RAM Use

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gonwk

gonwk

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hi folks,

I think I might have to do Fresh install of my OS on my laptop. I have a Gateway M-6862 laptop with Vista Home Prem., SP1, 64-Bit.

Q1: Now, I have the choice of reinstalling it with 64-Bit OR the 32-Bit version.

Here is my porblem ...

I just recently had to Fix my Corrupted User's Profile per Windows Help ... and that fixed my Problem of "High CPU (50%) use due to Opening of the Windows Explore Function" ... you know the Folder deal. That fixed my problem and the laptop was running smoothly.

BTW, prior to above Fix I also decided to Remove "Sun Microsystem Java JRE version 6 Update 14" because I thought that was part of the reason that my Profile got clubbered by some Intrusive websites.

Yesterday, in my wisdom I decided to install the latest "Sun Microsystem Java JRE version 6 Update 16" and my laptop went Crazy ... some websites start opening like crazy and my CPU's went 50 to 80% use and my fan start going like crazy ... my RAM usage jumped from normal 1.4GB to 3.0GB to 3.9GB constantly ... and never dropped back. So, when I tried to see what is causing this usage ... "Windows Task Manager" in Normal View showed nothing ... but when I chose the Option to show "The Processes for ALL Users" ... it hsoed that under System 32, the "Services.Exe" was running at 35% and the weird part for was to see that "System Idle Process" function was running at 50%.

BTW, I have ran Antivirus Scans (Avira Full Scan, MBAM, IOBit Security 360) ... so I think my problem is Not Virus problem.

Q2: Can I fix this problem without a Clean Install? Since I don't want to lose my Freebie Trial Softwares.

Q3: Any thoughts what caused this major problem?

Q4: Does a PC have any need to have screwey Sun's JAVA software on it?

Thanks,

G! :huh:
Totally a Newbie, Eager to Learn!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

Answer 1: If you have 64-Bit Vista on your laptop already, re-install Vista 64-Bit.
Answer 2: It depends on how easy you want to make this. At least it's Trial Software.
Answer 3: It could be that you downloaded the WRONG version of Java, check to make sure if there's a 64-Bit Version of Java.
Answer 4: Yes, if you want to play a lot of online games, like RuneScape and others, you need Java. Sorry.

Your Welcome,

G! ;)

P.S,
oh and also... try STOPPING the process. And also, try to FIND services.exe and delete it. I have no clue WHAT that will do.... if it screws up though, you can re-install Vista! Then have no more problems!!!! OR, you can get XP.

Edited by SteinPooch, 12 October 2009 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users