Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE8 problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thegame8019

thegame8019

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

I recently uninstaled and reinstalled sp3 to my xp machine. After this i started experiences problems with IE8. At first it would say IE8 has to close and my avg would pop up with threats found, this all happened everytime i opend my browser or went to a different page. I downloaded some new anti-spyware programs and IE8 doesnt close nearly as much, but i still get the popups from avg and my IE8 is now running in no addons mode and i cant remedy it. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated i started school for computer tech, but im not far enough to fix this yet . Also when this all started my IE8 shortcuts were deleted.

Edited by thegame8019, 09 October 2009 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thegame8019

thegame8019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

I have fixed all the issues with IE8 except that my antivirus still pops up saying it has found threats. I run scans and nothing pops up on the scan, but if I open a browser i gewt the pop up again. My AVG, Malwarebytes Antimalware, and Super Antispyware are regularly updated. I was wondering if anyone could help me stop this from popping up, and what I need to do to prevent it from happening again.

Edited by thegame8019, 09 October 2009 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users