Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCMCIA Card not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dgrillo

dgrillo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

I installed Windows 7 onto my laptop at home. The laptop is an Acer Aspire 1640 that was Vista compatible.

After the install i went through looking for all of the drivers to make things work and pretty much found everything. The only one I am missing at the moment is the driver for the Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Notebook Adapter (WPC600N).

The problem I am having is this.. I put the card into the PCMCIA slot and the system sees the new hardware and installs default drivers. However when I go into device manager it tells me there is an error with the device. I don't recall the exact wording of the error, but it states that it is unable to assign the correct resources to the device. It's almost as if the Plug and Play feature is not doing what it should.

As a test, I took the same network card and put it into my work laptop that is also running Win. 7. It installed with generic drivers and worked perfect. So I have ruled out that card can't work with Win 7. This same card worked flawlessly in XP...

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users