Today I came across something new...
I don't know if it is a virus, trojan, malware or spyware.
I don't know from where it came. I can just guess that it cam from the internet.
The effects of the infection are as follows ....
1) Task Manager, Regedit and MSconfig is OK. However in MSConfig the boot.ini tab is missing
2) Can't run services.msc or gpedit.msc from start > Run OR from control panel. Shows some problem occured in mmc.
3) Can't run other Administrative tools also.
4) Can't open c drive from anywhere. Shows error opening drive.
5) Filesystem of C drive changed to raw but windows xp is booting fine and all other programs are doing well.
6) C drive contents can be seen using a live cd.
7) Couldn't run combofix since drive c was not accessible. Using eset antivirus and super antispyware didn't help.
8) The next day the filesystem of my d drive had changed to dynamic.
It was like the bleep that infected my system was eating away all my hdd partitions.
The result of all this ..... I had to re-partition all of my hdd and re-install windows xp.
Please help !!!!