Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MP3 distortion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kirkyboy

kirkyboy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

When I paly an MP3 file it is severely distorted though the computer plays wave files and cd's with no problem.
I am using Windows media player but have also tried Audacity and VLC media player. I usually play them from a memory stick but have also copied to hard drive with the same results.
The same mp3's on the same memory stick play perfectly OK on 3 other computers that I have tried.
Computer is a Sony Vaio PCG-0G1M with integrated VIA AC97 audio. Updated to latest drivers, still the same. Windows XP home. Plenty of hard disk space, 256 MB ram.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Edited by kirkyboy, 09 October 2009 - 11:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cday

cday

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

looks something do about mp3 codec. Try some other mp3 codec. May be klite will help
LEARN TO SHARE AND SHARE TO LEARN

#3 kirkyboy

kirkyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the reply but have now managed to fix it so didn't need to get any other codecs.
Found that by changing the Sound playback device in Windows Media Player options from Default to AC97 the problem dissapeared even though Sound playback device in Control panel was set to AC97 default. Very strange.
Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users