Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get into runescape

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 feralfreak

feralfreak

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

im having trouble with my java, trying to get it to let me back into runescape, where i have a combat level in the triple digits, its (the java)version 6 update 16, its slow, well that is an understatement, a snail moves faster than my java,

let me try to give a description of what is going on:

i am trying to get back into my profile and play the game of runescape, and a few months ago i had no problem whatsoever, the java applets downloaded in a timely manner and i could log in, just like when i was on dialup only faster because of the high speed i am on and have been for some time(ive used this high speed connection to play and no problems at all)
a few days ago i wanted to get back in and play some more, and this is where i ran into nothing but trouble:
i thought it wasnt working at all, and what makes me think its slow is that when i wait HOURS i get the red bar that claims "runescape is loading, please wait" and it shows some progress but like i said its extremely slow, ive seen dust gather faster,

and because its this slow it ends up giving me a message saying the there is a bad script "a script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. you can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete
script://chrome/global/content/bindings/browser.xml:0

and it gives the option of "stop script" or "continue"

ive done everything i could think of, ive used the same version (6 update 7) that i had before, ive updated to my current version, removed the older version, i did a spybot search and destroy scan with the latest version and even checked for updates on that first, i was using seamonkey but when that wouldnt let me in,

i downloaded firefox, and tried it in internet explorer, all 3 have had no success, and even tried the rs client which uses ie, and nothing works, ive checked to make sure java is enabled which it is, ive checked my java to see if its working and the java website says it is, ive updated my graphics driver, rebooted the pc, rebooted the modem, ive done everything i could think of but i cant figure out why my java, which USE to run at the right speed is not slowed to a crawl,
there are others on the runescape forums that are having the same problem, while there are others that are playing and having no problem at all.
does anyone here have any idea what can do this to me? and how to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sticky Money

Sticky Money

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Have you tried using a different computer and had success? When the red bar is "loading", what does it say it's loading (ie preferences, environment, settings) when it gets stuck? Have you contacted jagex about this (I'm a paid member and they've helped me with technical issues before)? Have you run CCleaner recently? Once I ran it and it totally screwed my java.

#3 Sticky Money

Sticky Money

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Jagex may put out an executable updater. This may sound stupid but, java updates require a restart. Did you restart?

#4 feralfreak

feralfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

i managed to get back in, but it took reformatting and reinstalling my operating system, unfortunately something in the process of moving my emails and yahoo messages caused me to loose a lot of it, but at least i can get into rs again, i never tried ccleaner. before i had updated java and restarted, and did everything i could think of and the only that worked was redoing my OS. i was able to get the red bar to load nomally on my moms laptop(didnt let it continue, i didnt want to risk moms laptop getting infected with anything, just saw if it would load right)

what is your username? mines *REDACTED*

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 23 October 2009 - 02:41 AM.
Mod edit: username redacted for your protection - AA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users