Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ESIV:Oblivion crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tootallr6

tootallr6

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

Just installed Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and get what seems to be random crashes, but it really crashes alot when you load to a new area i.e. entering or exiting a building. Can someone please help with this, I've been want to play this game for too long now

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:31 PM

try updating all drivers(sound,video,chipset)
also try scaning the RAM for errors with memtest or a other memory test app
as bad bad ram can make games freeze(used to make my starcraft freeze)

aslo update the game

Edited by starcraftmaster, 10 October 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

Oblivion, and most Bethesda games based on the GameBryo engine, are known for being buggy. You should, of course, update all drivers, including the game. You can scan your memory to check for errors overnight. You can try asking for help at Bethesda's forums at their site. If you have the cash to spare, you can always buy the PlayStation 3 or XBOX 360 editions of the game.

3939.png

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

If you have the cash to spare, you can always buy the PlayStation 3 or XBOX 360 editions of the game.

i would advise you to fix this now
as it most likely have the error in other games

Edited by starcraftmaster, 14 October 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

i would advise you to fix this now
as it most likely have the error in other games

If you're talking about Oblivion having the errors the OP's running into in the console copies on the console systems, that may or may not be true. Consoles are easier to deal with for every person to experience the same thing without the issue of having to have people have certain pieces of hardware to play, but it also limits how much you can put into the game since it can only be pushed so far according to what the console can handle. PC's, on the other hand, can be upgraded and changed to accomodate for those that can, but the experience will be different for everyone since not everyone can have the same thing and be able to experience the same quality of the game.

Besides that, I still doubt that the console versions have those errors that the OP is talking about. If they did, then that bug would've been taken care of as soon as the game came out.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#6 kristjan b

kristjan b

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Try searching "oblivion + <the area where you crash> + crashes" in google. I just installed this game and it would crash when I went into the sewers. the fix was to set "bUseWaterShader" to 0 in the Oblivion.ini file.
it might be somthing like that for you.

Kristjan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users