Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Wireless Printer Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mek87

mek87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

I am helping my mother set up her new HP dv7 laptop running Vista SP1 and an HP 6480 Wireless Printer. Everything went great during the install and the wireless printing was great. Now, every time I restart my machine or wake it up from sleep mode, the print jobs just get stuck in the queue. I have to manually go into services.msc and restart the print spooler, then it starts printing everything. I have tried both patches from HP for this printer and have tried everything they have mentioned, including reinstalling the software completely. Restarting the print spooler every damn time is the only thing that works. Anything else to try? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

Try going into services and for the spooler service, go to the Recovery tab. Have it restart on the first and second failure. See if that helps any.

BTW, wireless printers are sometimes very schizo. They work sometimes and other times they don't. I would hook up that thing to a USB or Network interface.

I hope this helps.

Dr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users