Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer won't let me open task mgr.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kicker27

kicker27

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

I need help asap please i think my last post got deleted not sure tho.... my computer has the security tools virus and i'm currently in safe mode trying to get rid of it. I have tried to rename malwarebytes by saving to the desktop and it still took it from me. i got about as far as to the scan and that was it. someone please help me this is the second malware virus my computer has gotten in three days. i had the antivirus virus and malwarebytes removed that one easy.... now i can't even download anything. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kicker27

kicker27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

Ok for some strange reason and i'm not complaining at all i tried to use malwarebytes again and this time i got it to do a full scan. :thumbsup: so now all i need is to hope that it's removed all of the virus so if i can get some help with that please.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hello please post that log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Next run ATF and SAS:
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 kicker27

kicker27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2914
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/6/2009 5:03:02 AM
mbam-log-2009-10-06 (05-03-02).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 163837
Time elapsed: 23 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 2
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 6
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 18

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\seres.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\svcst.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\mserv (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\svchost (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\scui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\wscui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ForceClassicControlPanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sunjavaupdatesched (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\LIZKAVD.0XE (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\lizkavd.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-3682409731-1825380104-1007030646-1009\Dc1.0xe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\_scui.cpl (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\d.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\D44DIRTA\(SC)[1].(N) (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\D44DIRTA\setup[1].exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O0VJRAY8\inst32A[1].com (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntivirusPro_2010\AntivirusPro_2010.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\seres.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\svcst.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\azakoqat.reg (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Local Settings\Temp\bng3.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Desktop\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner.KICKER\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#5 kicker27

kicker27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

i did what u said with the atf and SAS but SAS won't load for some reason. I have tried to download it over and over, but it comes up with a message saying the system admin has set policies to prevent this installation.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

FixPolicies
Download FixPolicies.exe,by Bill Castner, MS-MVP to your Desktop.

Double-click FixPolicies.exe.
Click the Install button on the bottom toolbar. This will create a new folder called FixPolicies.
Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file within: Fix_Policies.cmd.
A black box will briefly appear and then close.
The active malware may revert these changes at your next startup. You can safely run the utility again.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 16.
  • Click the Download button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u16-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.

Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users