Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant install SAS Error 1317

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diaz9220

diaz9220

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

It wont let me install Superanti spyware because it gives me error 1317 pretty much telling me that It cant create Applications Data folder under my user documents folder. I went to look and i already have an Applications Data folder created. It has alot of stuff pertaining to other programs i have on the computer. Help please? Im trying to install SAS on the infected HArddrive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

If SUPERAntiSpyware will not run when your PC starts or when you double-click the program shortcut, you may have a class of infection that specifically targets SUPERAntiSpyware and prevents it from running.
USE this link.

http://downloads.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FREE.EXE
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 diaz9220

diaz9220
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

is there a difference if i run SAS to scan my infected harddrive from a different harddrive?
I installed it on this working harddrive and decided to scan my infected one with it. Will it be just as effective?

#4 pyr8t

pyr8t

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

Not completely as effective, but would give you a better shot at getting ahead of the infection, that you may be able to install SAS on the infected drive after running security scans from the clean installation.

#5 diaz9220

diaz9220
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:50 AM

I tried downloading from that link you gave me and still recieved the same problem.

Another thing i have a question about. When i look at malware bytes quarentine tab there are alot of threats listed. Do i click delete all? or will that just remove them from the list of the quarentine tab but still stay in the computer or will it remove them from the computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users