Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sent e-mails are going out 85 times

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Appy 123

Appy 123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

:thumbsup: People send me jokes or info and when I send it out to other people they are getting 65-85 e-mails of the same message. I can write to someone and that goes threw once but everything else is going to the next person hundreds of times. Don't know where to start to fix the problem. Thanks, Kathy

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

What email service are you using? There have been recent security issues with some webmail services.

#3 Appy 123

Appy 123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

The web browser I use is Wild Blue from my electric company, I have a sat. dish on top of our house. I downloaded some free photo sites and maybe I picked up a virus with them that's causing me to send out so many of the same e-mails all at once. Like I said when I send a letter to someone they only get it once but if I forward a joke or something else some one sent me it gets to them 65,85,100 times.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

You should post at Am I Infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users