Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wndows Live Messenger worm, makes me say a URL to other contacts.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Celianna

Celianna

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

About 3 days ago, one of my contacts on MSN said I was saying this link (it would be common sense not to click on it):

http://5.gp/N

Well obviously I didn't say that at all, I typed something else, but the worm transformed my text into a random URL. I on the other hand, had no clue my chat was being hijacked so that I was saying a random URL to my contacts. I ran Spybot S&D as well as Malwarebytes (fully updated), but neither of them picked up anything that removed it. As of today, I still have that little worm on my computer that hijacks my text on MSN Messenger. It doesn't happen that often, more likely it will say the URL once a day to only 1 contact person, but it still does it. I would like some help on how to remove this worm/spyware, whatever it is.

The strange thing is, I had the exact same problem on my older computer (with an older MSN address), so I figured I'd just leave the computer alone, create a new e-mail address and use my new computer. So I'm wondering if the worm had somehow transferred from my old computer to my new computer through the use of a USB (I know my USB has a virus on it because I used it at school and Norton popped up saying it quarantined my USB). Either way, that USB is now gone and I have no more connection between my old and new computer, so further infections will be out of the question.

Some help on how to remove this annoying MSN Live worm will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Celianna, 08 October 2009 - 12:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Celianna

Celianna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

Bump, I got some additional information.

I think the virus came from a USB at school, I've tested a couple of USBs today at my school and they all got a virus on it (it's been circulating in my classroom for months now), and one classmate has got the same virus as I have which makes me say random URLs on MSN. The virus on the USB which I know the name of, was mp3.exe and autorun.exe. I think these viruses might be on my computer but I can't find them or remove them.

Any help is appriciated, and will be used to help my other classmates which have the same virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users