Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel (R) Management Engine Interface

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

I ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

Successful:

CPU - Tick
RAM - Tick
Hard Drive Soace - Tick
Windows Aero - Tick

Update required:

Intel ® Management Engine Interface: "Action Required" - Update required to make this device compatible with Windows 7. Go online for the latest driver from the manufactures website.

Now, how on earth do I know what driver I need to download for the device???

It also tells me I need to do a custom installation and then reinstall applications, does this mean "Clean Install"? I want to do CLEAN anyway.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

My two cents on this is:
  • Do a clean install. There are so many potential and unforseen issues that you could run into if you "upgrade" to Win 7, no matter what OS you jump up from. Back up all of your data, personal stuff and important information and start from scratch.
  • Get the drivers first that you know you will need for Win 7 before you get to the install. Especially drivers for you Network Interface Card (NIC).
That's just my thoughts on the matter. Best of luck.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Not want I wanted, I know I need to have all drivers but I want to know where to get the driver for Intel Management Engine Interface.

#4 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

Right, sorry. I guess I could have looked a little closer and realized that you're not an amateur. Here's one possibility:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...95&lang=eng

You're probably going to have to wait until after some time after October 22nd to get one that is definite Win 7 compatible, but as you can see at that link the driver is good for pretty much all other version of Windows.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

thanks

yeah i may need to wait a bit and see what they bring out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users