Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NVIDIA Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WelshSteve_*

Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:56 AM

The following message keeps appearing on my bosses laptop. It was fine until yesterday, then the following error popped up.

The NVIDIA Display Panel Extension cannot be created

Possible reasons include:
Disabled graphics hardware acceleration. To enable Hardware Acceleration:

1. Right click on your desktop, select Properties, the Settings tab, and click Advanced.
2. Click the Troubleshoot tab and move the "Hardware acceleration" slider all the way to Full.
3. Click OK.
4. If prompted, restart the computer.

Right clickin gon the desktop brings the same message up again, but click on OK then brings up the usual context menu.

I follow the instructions as in the message and it prompts a computer restart. I do that, but the same happens again.

Is anyone familiar with this message and are able to help?

I'm having a nightmare with these laptops and won't be buying them from the same place again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:37 AM

try reinstalling your nvidia drivers

#3 Guest_WelshSteve_*

Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

OK, I'll do that and post back if the problem remains. Thanks

#4 hondascott

hondascott

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I get the same message but it pops up when I right click on a file to delete, copy, or cut. It says to reinstall video driver but I'm on about my third different driver release with the same BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users