Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

I'm trying to find good and affordable graphics card for an older computer; I only have AGP and PCI slots. I don't know which alot about my parts but I know my comp only runs DDR RAM and my CPU is a Athelon duel core if that helps. Idealy I would like an AGP card under 100$ that can support DirectX10 and is compatible with Vista.

I recently went through a couple of cards and none have lived up to what I needed; my current is the 9200, it has no drivers avalible, does not support DirectX9 (so I can't play basically any games) and has a large amount of Vista problems even though it says Vista compatibe on the freaking box. It would mean alot guys because I don't know what will work, obviously, thanks :D.

Edited by Zinus, 07 October 2009 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;Order=RATING

The HD3850s are the fastest of the bunch.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

AGP has higher bandwidth than PCI. Here is a good one I found.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102851

I can't find any official answer on whether it works in Vista but since it supports DX10, it would have to.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#4 Zinus

Zinus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

I feel incredibly ripped off, these cards are alot nicer than mine yet I bought it at Home Depot for about 90$ and these are like 80$. Thanks guys, I suppose I should do more reasearch next time because I'm not getting my money back now :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users