Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bofarrwood

bofarrwood

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hello all. My name is Bo, I've just registered today.
I've been having trouble with my PC, and I've been searching over the internet for about 2 weeks trying find out whats wrong, but I keep coming to either dead ends on a solution, or more people having some of the same problems as me, but not all of the problems.

Let me explain what is going on.

I have a Lenovo Y510 Laptop. I use it as my main computer. It has a 200GB hard disk, split into 2 parts. The C: is only 30 MB, and the D is about 160. I've been triyng to repartition it for a while, and I've come close, but the problem I'm running into is I cant run a check disk for errors. I think it is because of the Malware I had a while ago, that I thought I got rid of.

Basically, I know exactly how to partition it, its at the last step, but I need to fix the errors. I've tryed doing it through the control panel, the command script, and through the boot menu. I really need to get this thing fixed, as it is hurting my income as an online poker player, when my pc crashes in the middle of a hand.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know, and I'd be more than happy to give more info.

Thanks, and I look forward to being a member here.
-Bo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tman 1

tman 1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

well there is a recorvery partion and your c drive maybe this will help http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Computer_...formatting.html

#3 bofarrwood

bofarrwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

I have heard that program is good. I might use it once I fix my main problem.
My main problem is I can't check disk for errors, meaning I cant back up my files.
When I go to the control Panel, and go to backup files, it says there may be errors on the disk. When I check the disk for errors nothing happens.
So I trying go to the command screen and scheduling a disk check at the next restart. Once it restarts, still nothing happens.

I have also tried hitting F8 when I start my computer, and going to the boot screen. Still when I check the disk before windows boots it wont work.

Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users