Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SPAWN OF CONGLOMERATE SATAN - IPODS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oafuk

Oafuk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys and gals

I need some serious help with those damned IPODS.

I'm running XP Home Edition - have 2 IPODS and cant get either to work. I first installed I-Tunes and then couldn't put any music of the things. Unistalled I-Tunes and re-istalled it - nothing. Now Im thinking if i uninstall it aghain it might work. Now i cant unistall the damn programe, or the updates. Can anyone help. And if i can reinstall it can someone please tell me how to get music on the bloody things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

many Thanks Oafuk

* In the l;ast week i've lost half of my hair - please help - cheers

(moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 28 July 2005 - 09:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:29 AM

Hey Oafuk,
I don't know how you tried uninstalling your iTunes, but if you go into your Control Panel, and Add/Remove Programs, iTunes should be in there and you can choose to uninstall it. Uninstall all components, reinstall it and do an update first thing.
To put songs on the iPod depends on where you're getting the songs from. First you hold Ctrl and O at the same time. Some of your songs will be in your My Music folder under My Documents. If you are getting music from a CD in the CD drive, open my computer and the drive that the CD is in and the songs should be in there. If you are downloading music, the downloaded songs are usually in a folder in the program. For example, let's say you use Limewire. You would go to My Computer, Local Disc (C:), Program Files, then scroll down to your Limewire folder, I'm not sure what folder your music will be in after you double click Limewire, but they should be in one of those folders. If not, they'll be in your My Music folder. You simply double click whatever song you want to add.
Also, I believe, if you download music, you can open both your downloading program under the tab where your downloaded music is and open your iTunes to the Library. Then you click and hold the song that you want in your iTunes and drag it into your Library of the iTunes.
Hope I helped a bit, and if you need anything else I'd be happy to help to the best of my ability!

-Cail

#3 SlainteMhath53

SlainteMhath53

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

Could it be as simple as a Reset?

I had the same problem. Bought a new I-Pod because I dropped my other one (NOT recommended) and toasted the hard drive.

Proudly brought home the new one and plugged it in and it FROZE! AAARRGGHH! It was responding exactly the same way my old one had. So I figured I had

a.) loaded a virus on my computer that eats I-Pod hard drives
or
b.) bought a $300 lemon

So I did the same things - - install/ uninstall/ reinstall - - to no avail. Finally, just before I pulled out my last few strands of hair I decided I didn't have anything to lose by doing a Reset. Held down the Menu & Select keys at the same time for about 6 seconds and voila! Menus! Music! Happy!

Hope your solution is that easy.
Ever since we crawled out of that primordial slime, that's been our unifying cry: "More light."… Light is knowledge. Light is life. Light is light.

Sláinte Mhath!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users