Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java will not run in IE7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paul43

paul43

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

I am not sure if I posted this in the right section or not—moderator please change if I haven’t.

I am running XP Pro SP2 & IE 7.

I cannot get Java to Run or Open Applets in IE7. I’ve tried everything I could think about and read about and still no luck. I removed Java COMPLETELY –both using the ADD & Remove program in the control panel & the REVO Uninstaller. Cleaned all the files by doing a Search & checking Windows Explorer--

Downloaded Java again several times both the Online way & Offline way. With & without the Firewall being active.

Checked everything Java Suggests to enabled it—
1. Enable Java through your Web browser
2. Enable Java through the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
3. Clearing your Web Browser Cache

The Control Panel & the Add & Remove program in the control panel say I have Java installed—even have the “Coffee Cup” icon shows in the Control panel.

The Java site still shows it not working in it’s TEST SITE.

The site I’m am trying to access Java Program tells me I have—

Java version 1.6.0.16 is installed & enabled correctly. The system should function normally.

I know the site I am trying to access is working correctly because I have called their IT people and they can access the site using my password—I can also access the site & the Java part I need on my laptop running Vista.

Please some suggestion/help—I need this for my work & I’m losing my mind.

Thank you,
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

This is what you ought to be installing...http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. Note the version. For Windows XP.

Louis

#3 paul43

paul43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:52 PM

Louis, That is the version I have installed—I removed Java once again and tried again from your site which is the same site I used last night and D/L OFFLINE—same problem.

Then when I go back to the site you listed and click on “VERIFY NOW” it takes me to a site that says:

"Oops! You don't have the recommended Java installed.
Your installed family version is Java 6"

Then it tells me I need: Version 6 Update 16 –which is what I have installed.

The other thing I notice on that site you gave me is that it lists:

“Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003/2008”

My Version of XP is 2002 just about the time MS was changing & doing all that crazy stuff with Microsoft VM---I don’t know if that makes a difference or not but I do know at one time I had Java on my Computer and I don’t recall having any problems. What happened I don’t know.

Thank you, anymore suggestions.

Edited by paul43, 07 October 2009 - 10:53 PM.

Dell 8250-2.4GHz-1Gig RDRAM,XP PRO,IE8, ESET Smart Security
Asus Laptop—Vista SP3 2G ram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users