Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c000021a everytime computer is turned on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomboysocks

tomboysocks

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:40 PM

Hello, I am new here and I'd like to thank anyone willing to help..
My friend recently came down with a case of spy sherriff, so I went over to help her. I used the instructions from How to remove Spy Sherriff i think the problem might have started from this part :

13. Make sure you are disconnected from the Internet and that all programs and windows are closed. Run HijackThis and press the Scan button. Place a check next to the following items, if found, and click FIX CHECKED

My friend has some weird internet, and I was unable to because she was not administrator [even though she was] so i did it without disconnecting. :\ after that i did the rest of the instructions. All was well, spy sherriff was gone... but then the windows xp style for windows and buttons was gone.. I read on another forum someone had this problem..

and the real problem:

explorer restarted, and 30 seconds later we got the blue screen..

STOP C000021a (fatal system error)
The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000103 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shutdown

So winlogon is the problem im thinking. The thing is that explorer refreshes and we get the blue screen, every time we turn the computer on. When in safe mode it didnt though, and when i tried last known configuration it waited about 9 minutes before it happened again. I went to Microsoft's How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error site and used Dr. Watson.. but the thing is.. How do you use it? I run the program and it comes up with two "problems" with files that dont exist [they might be hidden?]
I copied down the "view" thing for both of them, but was unable to get the dump files. My friend has a lot of files she doesnt want to lose, and i feel really bad because i started all this. Sorry it's so long. Can anyone help??

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it; Kitty.
wot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

Stop 0xC000021A or STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
The Stop 0xC000021A message occurs when Windows XP Professional switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Windows XP Professional cannot run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. You cannot use the kernel debugger in this situation because the error occurred in a user-mode process.

A Stop 0xC000021A message can also occur when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions in such a way that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.
Posted Image

#3 tomboysocks

tomboysocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the reply, and the website, although it didnt really help. I have already uninstalled all the programs i used to remove SpySherriff and we dont have any other other drives? I dont know if the If SYSTEM account permissions were even altered :\

Would system restore work??

Edited by tomboysocks, 28 July 2005 - 09:35 PM.

wot

#4 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:54 PM

check here as well and read the stop codes related.

You may need to run CHKDSK /R or /F from the XP disk as a last resort you may need to run sfc /scannow
Posted Image

#5 tomboysocks

tomboysocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:01 PM

erm. nevermind. it went back to normal by itself...

Edited by tomboysocks, 01 August 2005 - 01:02 PM.

wot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users