Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get rid of bogus guard service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sethgbowie

sethgbowie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

after an analysis i fixed or deleted all things suggested but a couple seem to keep showing up service gaurd an a no file desktop item log should be attached to this

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.txt   5.15KB   16 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sethgbowie

sethgbowie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

antivirus pro sorry

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

hi,

Sorry for delay, no shortage of posters. Your log is several days old. If you still need help, reply to my post.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#4 sethgbowie

sethgbowie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

yup still need help the reason i havent replied is that whatever has got a hold of my computer is blocking me from going places and downloading fixes

Edited by sethgbowie, 13 October 2009 - 10:31 AM.

#5 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

hi,

ok lets do this to delete a service, then boot into safe mode:

go to start>run and copy in each line below one at a time click ok or enter after each line:

sc stop ITGrdEngine

sc delete ITGrdEngine

You might want to copy/paste the safe mode part below into notepad and save it to your desktop so you can read it in safe mode

after the above reboot computer directly into safe mode. To reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, chose the first option from the list; safe mode.

Once at the safe mode desktop to help show all files you can do this:

FOr XP: on the desktop double click my computer,at the top click on> tools>folder options>view> then select "show hidden files and folders", then UNcheck "hide protected operating system files " also UNcheck "hide extensions for known file types" click apply to all folders, apply then ok

Next: using explorer (left click on start>explore) navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Kickaboxofpuppies\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\services.exe

Delete the entire folder named:Kickaboxofpuppies

still in safe mode:
Click Start>Run then type %temp%
Hit OK. Delete all the files you can.

click Start>Run then type %windir%\temp
hit ok. delete all the files you can

Empty your Temp folders. Go to Start > Run and type:cleanmgr. Windows will scan. When done check these 3 and press *ok* to remove:

Temporary Files
Temporary Internet Files
Recycle Bin

after the above, reboot normally and rescan and post a new hjt log.
See if you can get malwarebytes on board:

Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click *Remove Selected.*

*A restart of your computer may be required to remove some items.If prompted please restart your computer to complete the fix.*

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
Post the log in your reply.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users