Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roaddie

roaddie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hello everyone,
I recently did a re-boot on my pc, I did a clean install of win xp. I have a Dell 2400 and am running xp home, 2gig harddrive, 512 ram. The install went smooth until I got to the part where you are at the desktop and you have to reinstall your onboard drivers. The drivers that had to be re-installed were: Audio Controller, Video Controller and the Ethernet Controller. I had the drivers backed up on my flash drive, so I proceeded to re-install them. I was able to successfully install the ethernet and audio driver, but when I get to the video driver, I am running into a problem. (Note: These drivers did not install with the xp operation). Every time I install the video driver, it says it has been installed and I need to restart, so I restart and then I wind up at a prompt screen that is black and it has options such as: "Start Windows Normally" Last Known Good Configuration or Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking etc. What I need to know is why is this happening and how do I correct it or if I am doing something wrong. I am extremely grateful for any support I can get as I have done this reboot a number of times and still wind up with the same problem. Anxiously awaiting an answer or suggestion. THANKING EVERYONE IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

Your Dell Dimension 2400 has the Intel 82845 Chipset and Graphics installed onboard.

You should be able to use this driver from here for your graphics and I would also recommend installing the Intel Chipset Drivers from here before installing the Graphics drivers.

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 roaddie

roaddie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the information, I will try that and let you know how I come out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users