Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboad Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wadewest

wadewest

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

As of yesterday I experienced a ridiculously annoying issue. My keyboard completely randomly changes and certain keys start representing numbers, plus signs, etc. This is mainly on the right side of my keyboard and the left side is relatively unresponsive. I am also have problems with the A E R and W keys which will randomly produce a "Q"and other characters. I`mw having a ton owwd d5wwwwfficu3ly just writing this message. Please helpww

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

HAVE U TRIED USING A DIFFERENT KEYBOARD AND SEEING WHAT HAPPENS AS THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM MAY BE THE KEYBOARD ITSELF,
IF U HAVE

CHECK THE REGIONAL SETTINGS FOR YOUR KEYBOARD
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s...reginalsup.mspx

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTE I AM NOT AN ADVISOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the caps lock

#3 simon62

simon62

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi
This totally sounds like a faulty keyboard, This mainly happens when liquid is spilt on the keyboard or to much dirt has gone under the keyboard.
the first thing i would try is remove your laptop keyboard and blow compressed air at where the laptop ribbon cable fits and then refit and test.
If this fails then you need to replace your laptop keyboard. try here for laptop keyboards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users