Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New version Windows Live Messenger problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emile

Emile

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hello, Since the installation of the new Windows Live Messenger I cannot sign in anymore into windows live messenger (this only on XP SP3 , Vista is OK) :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

See attached screenshots, I found some entry in the Hosts file can this be related? If yes what do I need to do?
Thanks in advance

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Emile Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 560 ti,PCX Nvidia 550 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Emile

Emile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hello ,
I try to edit and change the XP Hosts file with Notepad but when I save I receive an error popup Posted Image

I will wait for an answer now .... it become too dangerous ....
Emile Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 560 ti,PCX Nvidia 550 ti,

#3 Emile

Emile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hello,
Solved after "reset" of the firewall rules in Bit Defender firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users