Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Deployment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hey kids! Long time no talk! I think the last time I logged into here was 2007! So much has happened... but I digress.

I'm working in a school system in my town and we are using Gaggle for our e-mail. Gaggle uses Flash and Java on their site which constitutes a minor issue for us techs. As some of you know, Java updates constantly as does Flash. The kids at Gaggle are always using the newest version, which is great, but keeping up with the updates is a little maddening. I'm looking for an easy way to deploy the updates using the server in the schools I work in. Any suggestions?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Would it be possible to grab the newest versions and set to them as required software in Group Policy?

Just a thought.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 efizzer

efizzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Good thought, I'm still cleaning up after my predecessor's mess and Group Policy is my next cleanup task.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users